When a loved one passes away, it can be difficult to know what to do with their ashes. Many people choose to keep them in an urn or scatter them in a special place to the person. However, there are other options for those who want to memorialize their loved ones uniquely.
Here are some options for turning your loved one’s ashes into a beautiful memory:
1. Create a piece of jewelry: Some companies will take a small number of ashes and create a piece of jewelry, such as a necklace or ring. Turning ash to diamond is a way to keep your loved one close to you.
2. Get a tattoo: Another popular way to memorialize a loved one is to get a tattoo in their honor. You can either have their ashes mixed into the ink or have a small number of ashes placed under the skin.
3. Plant a tree: Planting a tree in memory of your loved one is a great way to create a living memorial. You can either grow the tree yourself or have a company plant it for you.
4. Make a sculpture: If you’re creative, you may want to consider making a sculpture out of your loved one’s ashes. This could be something small that you keep in your home or a larger piece that you put on display.
5. Donate to a cause: If you’re looking for a way to memorialize your loved one that benefits others, you may consider donating their ashes to a cause they care about. For example, if they were passionate about animal rights, you could donate their ashes to an animal shelter or rescue group.
6. Scatter them in a meaningful place: One of the most popular things to do with ashes is to scatter them in a special place to the person. This could be somewhere they loved to visit, such as the beach or mountains, or a place that has personal significance to you.
7. Keep them in an urn: You can always keep them in an urn if you’re not sure what to do with your loved one’s ashes. This option allows you to decide what to do with them later, whether that means scattering them, keeping them in your home, or passing them down to future generations.
8. Turn them into art: Some companies will take your loved one’s ashes and turn them into a piece of art, such as a painting or sculpture. This is a unique way to memorialize your loved one and create a lasting work of art.
9. Make a garden: Planting a garden in memory of your loved one is a great way to create a lasting tribute. You can either grow the garden yourself or have a company plant it for you.
10. Do nothing: Sometimes, the best thing to do with your loved one’s ashes is nothing. If you’re unsure what you want to do with them, you can always keep them in an urn or box and decide later. There’s no rush to decide, so take your time and choose something that feels right for you.
No matter what you decide to do with your loved one’s ashes, the most important thing is to do something that feels right for you. There is no correct way to memorialize a person, so find an option that suits your needs and gives you comfort.